Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Critical X-Mass. Day 10

At some point during the holiday season, many reach critical mass (critical X-mass?).  The moment when it all becomes too much.  It begins with the excitement of celebration, of church, and of friends and of parties.  It sneaks up on us too.  One second, we're in the car, excitedly talking about who we are going to see, and what food we will eat or what drink we are going to have.  All of the [sic] sudden, we just want to crawl into bed.  While putting on a brave face for the party, smiling and joking with our most treasured friends, we die a little death with every utterance of small talk.  If we are  lucky enough to drive home alone, we can blast the radio to Guns and Roses, to get the demons out of our head.  However if we are part of a couple, suffer the poor soul who sits next to us in the car.  Hold fast dear friends, we shall sleep soon, enjoy this bit right now, because January is a long and ugly, and we will just wish for something to do besides shovel snow.

I took these photos at the beginning of my marathon.  At first I thought it was cool to have these two beautiful dolls going for a visit.  Then I looked at their expressions, like someone got a Pepperidge Farms cheese sampler, then cut it... big time.  I thought for a second that I wish Integrity toys would sculpt some smiling faces, but now I'm glad they rarely do. lol


 Ring the door bell.
No, you ring the door bell.
 I will destroy you.
 I'm not going in, say hi to everyone for me.
 What?  You mad?
uhhhhhh....

3 comments:

mjonczak said...

In picture 2 of 5, did you intentionally frame the girl's head with the wreath? It looks kinda neat.

Super Cool Doll House said...

Nah, just a happy accident. It is kinda neat.

Jamie.B said...

I am always inspired by your creativity! I really enjoyed the backstory this year. :)
-Jamie B.