Sunday, June 7, 2015

Big Time Fun!

... so six months and one day ago, I commented on a post by A Philly Collector of Playscale Dolls and Action Figures.  Dana, the very nice writer of said blog was asking if we her readers have any doll themed resolutions.  Above is a screen capture of mine.  Whoops.

... so let's see

1)  Nope, sowee.  
2) YES!
3) sort of...

I have no idea where the time goes.  I feel like it's always Monday or Friday, and then the weekends fly by so fast.  Anyway, I still am doing dolly stuff, and actually, I've enjoyed my (our shared) hobby more this past year, than I have in awhile.

I finally cycled out of wanting 1/6 scale stuff!  That took awhile.  I still like to look, but I just don't have the need to buy.  Maybe Integrity will release something soon that will resonate with me, and bring me back.  

What really ended my 1/6 cycle is I rediscovered my Volks MSD.  In 2007 I had the opportunity to buy a Full Choice System (FCS) doll when I was in California.  I wasn't really into them, but I knew it was kind of a once in a life time opportunity.  Turns out it was, because the only American showroom that Volks operated recently closed, taking the FCS experience with it.  I hear you can still do it online, but it was so much fun to do the face to face consultation.

This is boring huh?  Anyway, I started playing with my MSD, bought a brother to play with her and so here are some pictures....  If you want the long version, which you don't, I'll tack it on at the end.

... and before you look at the pictures, here's one doll storage thing I've started doing.  See I sorta started organizing :)  Oh, and I lost a little weight... but still weight shmeight...



 Morning a Magnus a Mimi's


 pretty kitty
 Mimi's and Magnus' bedrooms are just off the great room.


The long version.  It was getting close to Christmas, and I had no idea what to get my partner for Christmas.  I was trying to get him something from one of his favorite companies, so I poked around Ebay for Sybarites, Dollfies, ceramic horses etc.  I had no intention of getting him a Super Dollfie, but when I saw her face on Ebay, I knew that was the doll that would be bought for him.  I was able to get him a sister for his FCS SD13!  I too had a Volks, she's an MSD.  I never played with her because 1) Dollfie rooms would have to be huge, and so would there accessories, and I had no room for that stuff.  2)  She had no friend to play with, you know how I'm a sucker of having pairs of things.  After, looking at Dollfies in preparation for his Christmas present, it reawakened my interest in Dollfies too.  I went searching for a brother for my MSD.  I reached back to my first days of doll collecting and reconnected with my fascination with Dollshe boy dolls.  These guys are huge.  27 inches tall huge.  So.... after hunting and looking at Den of Angels for weeks, I finally brought one home.  So Mimi has a big brother now, and I in my craziness decided to make them a room setting.  The results are above :)

check my Flickr for more pictures of the room.

6 comments:

The grandmommy said...

VERY nice room. I love the way the doorways meet. I can imagine all kinds of scenes where they walk out together. This guy is really a whole 27 inches?!

Super Cool Doll House said...

@the grandmommy Hi! Thanks for looking, I'm going to enjoy this set up for a few more weeks. Hopefully I'll get some good door action pictures. Then I'll break it down for the next project. Maybe a bedroom! and Yup! Magnus is 27 inches tall, he's a Dollshe Husky. Dollshe has discontinued his sculpt, but they still produce beautiful dolls!

Vita Plastica said...

Beautiful room! So versatile! Glad to see you blogging again!

D7ana said...

Hey, I'm late, but yay, you're back in the blogging circuit!

You've "cycled out of wanting 1/6 scale stuff!"? But you still like to look - does that sound like I'm crossing a line? I don't mean to ;-P Glad you'll be looking still.

Mimi and Magnus have a nice place. I LOVE how their initials are on their bedroom doors. 27 inches tall? My tallest is an Ideal Harmony at 21". Congrats on having your BJDs - they are lovely.

Super Cool Doll House said...

LOL D7ana no worries. yes I probably deserve a side eye on that comment, but so far, I have not wanted any 1/6 stuff. LOL. I'm glad you enjoyed the room :)

Lisa Neault said...

I really love your bjd rooms. I have been tempted to get a friend for my Gracie but that begins the beginning of the end of for me as far the props go! And I too am beginning to be tempted by the Fashion doll BJD's in the 16-18 inch scale. It doesn't help that people have been enabling by posting pictures all over flicker and the dolly boards with american girl props by saying- looky- see what I got new today and it works so well with this doll and this doll...LOL...

I have been lucky in that I love what I have purchased lately from the W club but have been scaling back a bit myself because of freakish long legs on their FR2 and those weird bodies. It seems they don't understand true 1:6 scale or they don't care...